EAST LANSING, Mich. — The East Lansing Police Department (ELPD) will be serving as the host agency for Ingham County’s 2019 Law Enforcement Officers’ Memorial Service, taking place on Tuesday, May 7 at 10 a.m. at the Ingham County Sheriff’s Office, 630 North Cedar St. in Mason.
This special ceremony is hosted each year to honor the fallen officers of Ingham County, who gave the ultimate sacrifice in service to their community:
- Alexander Lang, Lansing Police Department, 1932
- James R. Hinkley, Mason Police Department, 1938
- Gottlieb G. Sohn, Lansing Police Department, 1943
- Mac J. Donnelly, Jr., Lansing Police Department, 1977
- Craig A. Scott, Michigan State Police, 1982
- James S. Johnson, East Lansing Police Department, 1984
- Dean A. Whitehead, Lansing Police Department, 1985
- Julie A. Englehardt, Lansing Police Department, 1988
- Paul C. Cole, Ingham County Sheriff’s Office, 1996
- Grant W. Whitaker, Ingham County Sheriff’s Office, 2014
Ingham County law enforcement agencies alternate as host agencies for this annual ceremony. The 2019 ceremony will include a posting of colors by the ELPD Honor Guard, a placing of wreaths on the Ingham County Law Enforcement Memorial, a keynote address by Ingham County Sheriff Scott Wriggelsworth and additional ceremonial honors. A reception will immediately follow the program. Members of the media and community are invited to attend.