EAST LANSING, Mich. — Community members are advised that the closing time of the Open-Air Dining Area along downtown East Lansing’s Albert Avenue has changed from 10 p.m. to 9 p.m. New, daily hours for the area are 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Patrons of the area should continue to keep the following in mind:
- Take-out food and unopened alcohol must be purchased from licensed restaurants within three blocks of the area.
- Alcohol must be in original packaging (i.e. beer, wine) and may only be opened and consumed within the area by those of legal drinking age.
- Smoking and amplified sound are not permitted within the area.
- There is a two-hour time limit for patrons in the area.
- A sanitation team will be on site to clean tables; however, patrons are asked to pick up after themselves and throw items in the trash and recycling receptacles within the area.
- Patrons are asked to maintain safe physical distancing from other groups using the area, and masks should be worn inside restaurants when picking up food and in public spaces when not eating or drinking.
- Patrons are asked to continue to keep all of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s guidance for protecting themselves and others from COVID-19 in mind: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html.
The Open-Air Dining Area is located on Albert Avenue, between the east side of the Albert Avenue Garage entrance and M.A.C. Avenue.