With the November 5, 2020 General Election just around the corner, community members are encouraged to keep the following in mind:
- All registered Michigan voters have the right to vote by mail and can request an absentee ballot without providing a reason.
- Through Oct. 19, individuals can register to vote or update their voter registration status online at mi.gov/vote. Absentee ballots can also be requested online at mi.gov/vote. After Oct. 19, individuals can still register to vote or update their voter registration status in person at the East Lansing City Clerk’s office, 410 Abbot Road.
- Absentee ballots will begin to be mailed out to those who have submitted signed applications beginning Sept. 24. Postage will be pre-paid on the return envelope for this election.
- Beginning Sept. 24, voters may also apply for a ballot and vote in person at the East Lansing City Clerk’s office, 410 Abbot Road.
- If returning an absentee ballot by mail, it is recommended that it be mailed at least two weeks prior to the election.
- Absentee ballots can also be dropped in the Official Ballot Drop Box (East Lansing ballots only) located in the north parking lot of East Lansing City Hall, 410 Abbot Road, or in person at the East Lansing City Clerk’s office (located inside City Hall).
- Community members can find additional election information at www.cityofeastlansing.com/elections.