Requests for copies of a public record must be submitted on a File / Copy Request Form (PDF). A specific case number or the party name is required to provide requested information.
Pursuant to the Court’s local administrative order 2014-6:
1. The court will provide up to 20 copies of case file documents at a cost of $1.00 per page within 1 hour of the request for copies, except that copies of transcripts filed with the court shall not exceed $.30 per page pursuant to MCL 600.2543.
2. Requests for more than 20 total copies of case file documents will be accommodated within a reasonable amount of time as determined by the (1) total number of pages to be copied, (2) availability of court staff and photocopying equipment, and (3) nature of the request, such as the degree to which court staff is required to identify, select, and review documents to be copied. See Section 6 regarding copies of records viewed at the public access terminal.
3. Requests to have copies of register of actions mailed will be assessed $1.00 per page. Must include self-addressed, stamped envelope with request.
4. Certified copies of a file will be assessed $10.00 plus $1.00 per subsequent page.
5. In order to preserve and maintain the integrity of court records and to prevent unreasonable interference with the discharge of court functions, persons will not be permitted to copy or otherwise duplicate court records using their own equipment except that if a person requests permission to photograph documents in a case file using a handheld or mobile device and the clerk of the court determines that it will not create unreasonable interference to do so, a person will be permitted to photograph the documents under the supervision of the clerk to prevent the requester from accessing confidential information and disassembling the file in the process.
Contact one of the agencies below for a complete criminal or driving record.
For Criminal Record Checks:
Michigan State Police
Criminal Justice Information Center (CJIC)
Telephone: (517) 241-0600 www.michigan.gov/msp