The East Lansing-Meridian Water/Sewer Authority (ELMWSA) sets policy concerning the management, supervision and control of the water production facilities for East Lansing and Meridian Township. Members are required to have training in fields related to water production and management.
The Authority consists of three members appointed by the Meridian Township Board and three appointed by the City Council who meet monthly.
East Lansing-Meridian Water and Sewer Authority Special Meeting
Meeting Date: Thursday, June 18 Meeting Time: 7:30 a.m. Meeting Location: This meeting is being hosted electronically. To participate electronically through online video or audio-conferencing, participants can access the electronic meeting through the following link: https://zoom.us/s/572589791, Password 2470, or by calling 1 (646) 558-8656, Meeting ID 572 589 791, Password 2470. Public Meeting Notice (PDF) Meeting Agenda (PDF)
Please take notice that the Board of Trustees of the East Lansing – Meridian Water and Sewer Authority (“Authority Board”) will hold a public meeting at 7:30 a.m., on Thursday, June 18, 2020 by convening the Authority Board through remote electronic access as provided in this Notice. Proceedings conducted at this meeting are pursuant to the provisions of the Michigan Open Meetings Act and Executive Order 2020-75 issued by Gov. Gretchen Whitmer.
1. The Authority Board is meeting electronically to address necessary business operations and allow ongoing work to sustain and protect the lives of the residents of its constituent municipalities.
2. This meeting is being held electronically to comply with Governor’s Executive Orders and Directives and federal and state agency recommendations to cease in-person public assemblies, self-quarantine, and help prohibit the spread of COVID-19. The Authority Board recognizes its continuing responsibility for needed decision-making and will conduct this meeting in a manner that effectuates as fully as possible the purposes of the Open Meetings Act.
3. Individuals are encouraged to participate in the meeting electronically, including providing public comment, either through prior e-mail correspondence, online audio-conferencing, and telephone comments.
4. For those seeking to participate electronically through online video or audio-conferencing, participants can access the electronic meeting through the following link: https://zoom.us/s/572589791, Password 2470, or by calling 1 (646) 558-8656, Meeting ID 572 589 791, Password 2470. Participants may use any device that supports the video-conferencing app or when prompted after clicking the link, choose to join the meeting through a default browser, if applicable. For those who choose to access through the video-conference app, you will be prompted to download the app to participate.
5. To participate in public comment during the virtual meeting, upon entering the meeting indicate you wish to take part in public comment in the chat, or verbally if on the phone or audio-conferencing. You’ll be called upon by the Chairperson during the Public Comment section or other appropriate sections of the meeting. When directed by the Chairperson, please call (517) 349-1232 to make your comments. Members of the public are allowed three minutes to speak. You can then return to the meeting as before.
6. Questions and comments may be submitted prior to the meeting by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails to that address relevant to this meeting will be distributed to the Authority Board.
7. Further information and materials related to this meeting can be requested by contacting email@example.com or (517) 337-7535 Ext. 1.
8. Persons with disabilities needing accommodations for effective participation in the meeting should contact the Authority Manager at (517) 337-7535 Ext. 1 or through the Michigan Relay Center at 7-1-1 (TDD) at least twenty-four (24) hours in advance of the meeting to request visual, hearing, technological, or other assistance.
9. If you are unable to access the meeting due to technical difficulties, please contact Director of IT, Stephen Gebes; (517) 853-4222; firstname.lastname@example.org. Every effort will be made to help you participate in the meeting.
In response to the incident that required a Boil Water Advisory to be issued in early August 2016, the East Lansing Meridian Water and Sewer Authority has filed a report with the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality that outlines preventative steps that will be taken to reduce the likelihood of future emergencies. More info.
Meetings take place the third Thursday of each month @ 7:30 a.m.
Water Authority Conference Room
2470 Burcham Dr.
East Lansing, MI 48823
Brad Brogren, Meridian Township
Jim Cleland, East Lansing
Term expires: 2021
Tom Peet, Meridian Township
Charles Peterson, East Lansing
Term expires: 2021
Scott House, Chair, East Lansing
Term expires: 2020