Residential Parking Permits
Parking on residential streets is permitted during specific times in designated neighborhoods and/or subdivisions, including Bailey, College Grove, Central and Red Cedar. Residents living within a neighborhood area with a permit parking program can receive a designated number of free resident and guest permits by request. Proof of residency is required. Rules and regulations vary for each neighborhood. Please review the Residential Permit Parking Code and information below prior to filling out your application for residential parking permits.
- In all instances there shall be no parking permitted on any City street between the hours of 2-6 a.m.
- All parking permits will expire annually on Aug. 31 and will need to be renewed. Please allow seven business days for mailing purposes.
- A resident parking permit is valid only when parked in the area for which the permit has been issued. Resident, guest and temporary parking permits are to be hung from the vehicle's rear view mirror.
- Display of a parking permit shall not authorize parking in "no parking" zones or exempt the holder from observance of posted traffic regulations within the permit parking area.
- Permits will be mailed out within one business day to the property street address unless otherwise noted in the comments section.
- Permits are available for the following neighborhoods/streets:
Central Neighborhood - NEW! Apply for residential parking permits online.
Red Cedar Neighborhood - NEW! Apply for residential parking permits online.
College Grove Neighborhood - NEW! Apply for residential parking permits online.
Bailey Neighborhood - NEW! Apply for residential parking permits online.
410 Abbot Road
East Lansing, MI 48823
Ph: (517) 319-6860