Farmers Market Special Events and Activities
The East Lansing Farmers Market (ELFM) will host several special events and activities throughout the 2022 season. Check out the event schedule below and plan your next visit to the ELFM! Descriptions of the events and activities can be found below the schedule. You can find the Market Music lineup for the 2022 season here.
|Sunday, June 5||Opening Day
Sponsored by Renewal by Andersen
|Sunday, June 19||Juneteenth Celebration|
|Sunday, July 17||Parks, Recreation and Arts Day|
|Sunday, July 24||Tri-County Office on Aging at the ELFM|
|Sunday, Sept. 18||Spartan Appreciation Day
Sponsored by Michigan State University Federal Credit Union
|Sunday, Oct. 16||Autumn Fest|
|Sunday, Nov. 20||Fall Feast Pre-Order/Pickup|
- Opening Day: The first 100 guests at the ELFM will receive a reusable ELFM tote. There will also be family activities and live music. Learn more.
- Juneteenth Celebration: This special, free event will feature a variety of games and activities as well as live music sponsored by the Summer Solstice Jazz Festival. The musicians scheduled to perform include Sam Corey from 10 a.m.-noon and Trunino Lowe from noon-2 p.m. The East Lansing Public Library’s Library on the Go will also be at the event with activities for children, including a unity bracelet craft and opportunities to create magnets with a Juneteenth theme. There will also be rock painting and a historical story walk as well as games in the park. Additionally, in partnership with the East Lansing Department of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, there will be a giveaway of copies of the graphic novel “March: Book One” by John Lewis, Andrew Aydin and Nate Powell. All community members are invited to attend this special event in celebration of Juneteenth.
- Parks, Recreation and Arts Day: Community members are invited to stop by the market on July 17 to celebrate Parks and Recreation Month with the East Lansing Department of Parks, Recreation & Arts. There will be giveaways, games, face painting, a Hoop Dance Class and more. Learn more.
- Tri-County Office on Aging at the ELFM: The Tri-County Office on Aging (TCOA) will be at the ELFM to distribute Project Fresh Coupons to qualifying seniors. There will also be brochures available with information about other programs that the TCOA offers. Learn more by viewing the Project Fresh Flyer (PDF)
- Spartan Appreciation: The first 100 college students to stop by the information booth during Spartan Appreciation Day will receive a free market tote! Come explore, engage and enjoy the market! All are welcome! Interested in volunteering during Spartan Appreciation Day? Sign up here.
- Autumn Fest: Celebrate the splendor of fall at the market! This year's Autumn Fest will feature lawn games, rock painting, a petting zoo, pony rides, crafts, live music, a fall photo booth and sweet treats (while supplies last). Interested in volunteering during Autumn Fest? Sign up here.
- Fall Feast Pre-Order/Pickup: Several East Lansing Farmers Market vendors will be offering a Fall Feast Pre-order/Pickup after the end of the ELFM's regular season! Community members can contact the participating vendors through November 18, 2022 at 5 p.m. to place their orders. Pickup will be on Sunday, Nov. 20 from 10 a.m.-noon at the East Lansing Hannah Community Center, 819 Abbot Road (basketball courts on north side of building). Learn more.