City Staff Liaisons
Neighborhood Partnerships Initiative City LiaisonsThe City of East Lansing provides City staff liaisons to neighborhoods as part of the Neighborhood Partnerships Initiative. These liaisons work one-on-one with neighborhood associations to create important two-way dialogue. The liaisons also provide support to neighborhoods by creating a personal link to City Hall.
The idea behind the liaisons is to provide neighbors with the tools and information necessary to work with other neighbors, take on new projects and become more actively engaged in their neighborhood. The specific role of a City staff liaison is to:
- get to know the neighborhood, its officers and residents.
- put a name and a face to City government by creating a working relationship with their assigned neighborhood associations.
- attend neighborhood association meetings and events as necessary.
- serve as the primary point of contact for any questions or concerns from the neighborhood association or individual residents.
- provide important information to neighborhood associations on City services and programs.